Valentine's Day Look!
Valentine's Day is upon us and whether you are spending it with your love interest or gal pals it's a great excuse to have fun with your makeup! I don't know about you but I think this is the perfect holiday to rock some of that oh so pretty PINK! Some might think wearing pink or red on Valentine's day is cliche - I don't care, it looks beautiful and is so fun! :)
Here is my eye look step-by-step:
1. Apply a base/primer to set your canvas. An eye primer prevents creasing, enhances the shadow color, and prolongs the wear of the makeup. I used Mac's Paint Pot in Stormy Pink.
2. Apply one of your fave pink blushes all over the lid to create a nice wash of color. I used Mac's Pink Swoon.
3. Place a shadow that is a bit deeper in tone to the crease and blend, baby, blend. I used Mac's Haux.
4. Pack a shimmery shadow onto the inner half of your eyelid. I used Mac's Honeylust.
5. Line your top and bottom lash line with your darkest eyeshadow color and then a shimmer one under the lash line to create dimension. I used Mac's Sketch and Star Violet.
6. Apply a shimmer to your brow bone. I used Mac's Phloof (not pictured).
7. Coat those lashes with mascara and you are all set!
All of the eyeshadows used can be found in Mac's Burgundy x Nine palette. A great steal at $32! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will rock this eye look for your Valentine's Day celebration!
Products used for Valentine's Day eye makeup
Special shout out to my baby girl, Mina, who was so patient with me while I created this look. Isn't she the cutest?