Valentine's Day is upon us and whether you are spending it with your love interest or gal pals it's a great excuse to have fun with your makeup! I don't know about you but I think this is the perfect holiday to rock some of that oh so pretty PINK! Some might think wearing pink or red on Valentine's day is cliche - I don't care, it looks beautiful and is so fun! :)
Here is my eye look step-by-step:
1. Apply a base/primer to set your canvas. An eye primer prevents creasing, enhances the shadow color, and prolongs the wear of the makeup. I used Mac's Paint Pot in Stormy Pink.
2. Apply one of your fave pink blushes all over the lid to create a nice wash of color. I used Mac's Pink Swoon.
3. Place a shadow that is a bit deeper in tone to the crease and blend, baby, blend. I used Mac's Haux.
4. Pack a shimmery shadow onto the inner half of your eyelid. I used Mac's Honeylust.
5. Line your top and bottom lash line with your darkest eyeshadow color and then a shimmer one under the lash line to create dimension. I used Mac's Sketch and Star Violet.
6. Apply a shimmer to your brow bone. I used Mac's Phloof (not pictured).
7. Coat those lashes with mascara and you are all set!
All of the eyeshadows used can be found in Mac's Burgundy x Nine palette. A great steal at $32! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will rock this eye look for your Valentine's Day celebration!
Products used for Valentine's Day eye makeup:
Special shout out to my baby girl, Mina, who was so patient with me while I created this look. Isn't she the cutest?!